Approved by the Decision of the Supervisory Board’s meeting
of the Youth Foundation under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
No 04 (15) dated December 17, 2015
The Rules for Travel Grants include changes adopted in the meeting of Supervisory Boardof the Youth Foundation under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
No 01 (16) dated April 8, 2016
for travel grants provided by the Youth Foundation under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan for participation in the international events
1.1. The Rules shall regulate the issues regarding grants for participation in the international events (hereinafter – travel grants) provided by the Youth Foundation under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (hereinafter –Foundation) for the individuals aged between 16 and 29 for Category “D”.
1.2. The Rules for travel grants have been prepared in accordance with “ The Regulation of the Youth Foundation under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan” approved by decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan No542, dated December 19, 2011, “Guidelines for registration of the youth organizations and individuals for participation in grant contests held by the Youth Foundation under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan”, and “Rules for grant contest held by the Youth Foundation under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan”
Application form and requirements
2.1. Those who want to apply for the travel grant are required to register in the official website of the Foundation (www.youthfoundation.az), and get appropriate code and password.
2.2. The researchers aged between 16 and 29, socially activist, talented and creative youth are eligible to apply for travel grants.
2.3. Application must be submitted at least 30 days before the international event begins.
2.4. Applicants are required to completely fill in an online application. They should give detailed answers to each question, substantiate their cases and attach the required documents.
2.5. The following documents must be attached to the completed application form:
- An official invitation letter addressed to the applicant who is going to take part in international event (The invitation letter with the official letterhead of the organization must be duly signed by a person authorized, otherwise the set of documents shall be considered incomplete);
- An official invitation letter reflecting information that transport and living costs of the participant in international event will not be covered by the organizer;
- A programme for an event;
- A text of speech of an applicant or presentation materials (if yes);
- Certificates of an applicant on the relevant field (if yes);
- A letter of consent for the travel given by the directory of proper educational entity (If an applicant is a pupil or student and the travel coincides with her/his studies.)
- A photocopy of an applicant’s passport.
2.6. An applicant shall be able to appeal to the Foundation for just one of transport or living costs in order to take part in international event, even in case of all expenses to be paid by an applicant.
2.7. The Foundation shall cover the living expenses for only maximum 7 (seven) days, regardless of the duration of the event.
2.8. The travel grant shall not be provided for the membership to international non-governmental organizations and costs for participation in the events.
2.9. Applications for travel grant shall be accepted on a regular basis.
2.10. Any person, during a year, can receive a grant on Category “D”.
2.11. The following persons are not entitled to apply for a travel grant.
- Persons who received a grant from the Foundation, but have not submitted the report;
- Military and civil servants;
- Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan living in a country that hosts international event;
- Those who have speciality and activity being out of subject of the international event;
- Persons who have broken the requirements of legislation and have a court decision issued by the court;
- Citizens of foreign countries.
2.12. The Foundation shall not be responsible for the days of absence of participant, in working place or educational entity, who has participated in the international event.
2.13. A travel grant shall not be provided for the participation in political and religious events, also studying abroad and tourist travels.
- Assessment of the application
3.1. There are 3 steps for assessment of the application:
- Exploring conformity of the application with these rules ;
- Interviewing an applicant and preparation of the relevant reference;
- Making a final decision.
3.2. The Administration of the Foundation shall verify the conformity of the application with these rules, provide to interview with an applicant and prepare the relevant reference and make the final decision. The Administration of the Foundation shall:
- register the applications;
- check the conformity of the application and attached documents, as well as the accuracy and correctness of the provided information;
- determine that an applicant during a year how many times has applied for travel grant or get financial aid from other sources for the travel;
- check the accountability of the grants which an applicant has previously obtained;
- to invite an applicant for an interview;
- check the applicant’s awareness of the event and identify the foreign language ability;
- explore other required matters related to travel;
- prepare a reference properly and submit it to executive director of the Foundation.
3.4. The final decision on application shall be made by executive director of the Foundation with written consent of the Board’s chairman.
3.5. The Administration of the Foundation shall interview an applicant by telephone or other means of communications if he/she has a good reason for not being in the Republic of Azerbaijan. In this case, the signing of the Contract on financial assistance and the providing narrative and financial reports shall be carried out by a person who has been given the notarized power of attorney by an applicant.
3.6. If many people apply for participating in the same international event, the travel grant shall have only been provided to one of them (except application for team participation in cultural events or intellectual competitions).
3.7. The final decision on application shall be made 15 (fifteen) days before travel.
- Providing travel grant
4.1. The travel grant shall be estimated and paid in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
4.2. There are 2 steps for providing travel grant. As a first step, the 70 % of the payment shall be provided before travel and the remained 30 % following the final report.
4.3. The allocated funds shall be paid in Azerbaijani manat (AZN).
4.4. If necessary, the allocated funds shall be paid in a foreign currency. At the time of payment the exchange rate of the Central Bank of Azerbaijan which is valid for the day of final decision on providing travel grant shall prevail.
4.5. A recipient bears responsibility to use the grants allocated for travel due to budget approved by Foundation. Should the need arise to make changes in budget of expenses, the recipient is required to officially apply to executive director and the changes should be approved.
4.6. If the travel failed or postponed, the amount of funds shall be paid back to the Foundation.
5.1. The appropriate narrative and financial reports including supporting documents must be submitted to the Foundation within 3 days following international travel.
5.2. The reports shall be made in the Azerbaijani language with reference to forms approved by the Foundation.
5.3. The participants who have realized team participation in international event shall separately submit the reports.
5.4. If the allocated funds have not been totally expended by participant, the rest of amount shall be paid back to the Foundation.
5.5. The Foundation could require complementary information and supporting documents from a recipient during checking reports in order to obtain further detailed knowledge about travel and its outcomes.
5.6. The Foundation shall approve the submitted reports after checking them and keep a recipient informed of this.
- Final provisions
6.1. The Foundation has the right to impose 2-year restriction on getting financial support, fully cut the funding or take other measures in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan, if the recipient has used the allocated travel grant improperly, not participated in international event or other infringement cases reveal.
6.2. The information regarding travel grant can be found in the official website of the Foundation.